Sunday, April 1, 2018

Review by bazolo -- Andalusian in Jerusalem

Review by bazolo -- Andalusian in Jerusalem

Post by bazolo » 28 Jan 2018, 12:34
[Following is a volunteer review of "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch.]
Book Cover

3 out of 4 stars


Andalusian in Jerusalem is a non-fiction book. As I read the book at the first time, it was such a bit complicated story to understand the. Mois Benarroch in the book is about a personal story of the author in his trip to the Holy ancient city of Jerusalem.
The author use himself as the character of the story and his friend Charly who both are writers. The theme can be the travel experience or story in Jerusalem.
"I know you "it was the introduction where the author asked in Jerusalem about who he is. The question was from andalusian woman who revealed as the author mother. According to the story from the woman the author or David was the boy who got lost from long time ago. And from then he was never been back, though the author also is suspicious about who the woman is weather his real mother or strange and it left the question that there were two David who are alike that's why the woman got confused.

According to the story the author is a morrocan or andalusian from morroco who grew up in Spain and the book was translated from Spanish to English. The story goes further that both David and Charly were the Moroccan Jews. Who share there common history, culture and attitude. The language was simple though it has lots of foreign language like Hebrew and hekeita that I couldn't understand the meaning. Otherwise the book was professional edited that everyone can read and understand.

Another part of the story as David and his friend Charly in their trip had to attend the writers festival in Jerusalem where Charly asked the author or David to read the story about his new book and give his opinions
Charly story book is about the City of Lucena as the Main character. The city of thousands years. Lucena is old city with the huge secrets and painful story of the past. The main was about the Jews who were forced by early Christians to convert into Christian religion. Lucena remember when he abandon his family wife and three children in order to protect them. He had to live as a cursed person and away from his family. Also Lucena remember his cousin who lost his family children and wife and survived the persecution from Christian. Wife has to kill her self as good Jewish rather than being the Christian.

Lucena wrote letters and poems to tell the story about the city. Due to the fact that thousand years was such the long time with the huge secrets and story behind. Example the letter to Teresa
"I give you thanks on almighty God, making me a Christian, for serving me from the fate of Jewish people and from their sin. Jesus my father and true perpetrator, True messiah and God upon the earth. I will write the best love poem to you and I will be yours forever, I will repent for all the sin of my Jewish forebears. I will be Christian deep, deep into my bones and throughout all my blood and even if I'm hungry, even if mad people lough at me, I shall be yours and only yours, and I will never repent of having taken the path to your throne and your mercy. Our father give me strength to bear the whole journey to your paradise to be an example to Christian and Jews alike that all of them may live in me and not die in sin, our father my father I shall always live in you"

Then author or David gave his opinions about David story of Lucena. The story is based on Jerusalem and dominated by the story of Spain in Madrid and Morocco. The story is good as it give the travel experiences though it's bit a complicated to get the clear link of the events. I recommend the book to those who eager to write the book as story gives the clues about the writing procedures. I would like to rate the book 3 out of 4 star due to the fact that the story is complicated. Andalusian in Jerusalem it didn't reflects the story of the book. Otherwise the book is good to read about the travel experiences

******
Andalusian in Jerusalem



read ANDALUSIAN IN JERUSALEM in




View: on Bookshelves

No comments:

Post a Comment