Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Review by Minda -- Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch

Review by Minda -- Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch

Post Number:#1 by Minda » 21 Jan 2017, 20:12
[Following is a volunteer review of "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch.]

Book Cover



Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch is a family saga book in the genre of historical fiction, an entertaining story that will lead readers on a race throughout the whole story searching for the truth about their identity. The father of Benzimra family dies and leaves a shocking message behind: he has an illegal son with a Muslim woman in Morocco. The family is told to do everything they can to find that son. They go on a journey throughout the whole world to places like Tetouan, Morocco, Jerusalem, Madrid, New York, and Paris.

This is a novel about Northern Morocco as the family searches for their lost brother with a little bit of humor, eroticism, and homecoming. The dialogue has a big part in plot and character development. Sometimes, the story goes deeper in. The journey created by the Benzimra family will bring them to different cultures and conflicts. Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch is a masterpiece and a story that will entertain and give readers information.

I loved the concept of the story where the family goes on a journey around the world to find their lost brother. I would have never thought of that. The concept makes this story more interesting giving you a thrill of excitement and a little bit of fascination. It pulls you in. What I liked the least about this book is the random dashes between words. This had been bothering and distracting me because I do not know why there would be a dash there. I don't know if they were supposed to be there or if it was on accident. I don't know much about geography and I've never traveled before so it's a little hard following the Benzimra family's journey and getting hold of the image of the different cities and towns. There were also spelling mistakes.

Overall, I rate this book Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch a 3 out of 4 stars. I gave it this rating I did because I enjoyed the book and the concept of the story. On the other hand, it was a little hard to follow the Benzimra family's journey. If it were possible to give this book partial points, I would rate the book 3.6 out of 4 stars. I think it was close to being 4 stars.

I do not recommend this book for people who have difficulties understanding geography and vocabulary. Otherwise, this could be a great book for people who love traveling and history! I highly recommend it.

******
Gates to Tangier 
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment