Sunday, August 13, 2017

Review -- The Nobel Prize by Mois benarroch

Review by Bookwrm2095 -- The Nobel Prize by Mois benarroch

Post Number:#1 by Bookwrm2095 » 21 Jan 2017, 21:23

Book Cover


Share This Review
[The following is the official OnlineBookClub review of The Noble Prize]

The Noble Prize is a fictional book written by an author named Mois Benarroch.

Fictional with a smudge of humor, we are taken through the story in the eyes of the character, a struggling author who receives little appreciation for his controversial work. Throughout the story, you walk in his own shoes amidst his emotions and thoughts, the occasional chuckle-worthy moments of the character as he investigates what becomes a slight obsession a strange mental illness that has taken someone he once knew – a mental illness that makes him a new character every day.

As I was reading this book, I could not help but be enthralled the entire time. The struggles of the character and the display of his emotions made me feel like I was right there in the story, experiencing what he was experiencing. I really enjoyed knowing that he, as a person, was a struggling and underappreciated author, and the depths of his fascination with his old acquaintance hits you with a powerful realization. For the most part, I enjoyed reading the book. What was unappealing to me, and I know it is different for each person, is that the writing was in the character’s single point of view, using “I” to describe them. Nevertheless, it was still a pleasant read and I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

My reason for giving The Noble Prize the rating is because we are shown a deeper look into the character. His thoughts, feelings, and interactions with the other characters give insight to who they are and how the story progresses. That is precisely what I liked about it – the in depth look through his eyes and the progression of the story line as it was unfolded right before my eyes what exactly was happening. I love stories that do that, and it never fails to hold my attention. What I did not like about the book, however, aside from the point of view, was the pace of the story. I felt it was a little slow; almost dry but not in a way where it is unbearable, but there are some areas in the book that I struggled reading through. I would not have that discourage you from reading it though! Overall, despite the pace, it is a very good and humorous book to read and I would recommend it to anyone who would ask me for a new book to read.

******
The Nobel Prize 
View: on Bookshelves |

No comments:

Post a Comment